The last two weeks have been fluid. School is ending, I got a new job, and I am graduating next week. Caroline is now sucking on her bottom lip all the time and is still the cutest little jiglet around.
Juan and I hiked Bridger Bowl last week to find 8 feet of snow, and one heck of a day of skiing.
The hike was tough, but worth it. You will be able to tell from our pics that the weather was crazy, the sun poked in and out all morning, and the snow went from light to heavy back to light. Montana at its finest!
As you can see...I decided to carry a big ol' shovel
We headed up PK and looked for a spot that was ideal for some jump-building action.
The snow was so good, powdered sugar with a little whip cream.
We found a nice step-down style feature, right off White Lightning, where long jump training was once done. something we ski all the time, but not without the hordes and bumps in the landing. The 515+ inches of snow Bridger has gotten this year really changed our view of PK.


BOOOO-YAH, this thing was pretty sweet, once we scoped it and thought it out, we built a 3 foot booter right above the track you see, thats where we skied in to look at the landing.
Workng on the step down part.
Post Burial
Spinning away

The step was big once you got over the small cornice, but we session'ed none the less. Both of us had at least one rough digger.
Going for the tail on the spin...

It was a blast.
I promised a couple of good shots from last day at Bridger (with lifts running), and here is one very troubling photo Juan took. I was fine and did not even get close to falling into a tree...I threw a spin off the road, landed it, lost it and rolled once before I slid into the tree well.








No comments:
Post a Comment