Life In The Two Plankin Fatherhood. Keepin it real since 1983.

Monday, March 17, 2008

Disco Dancing Over Spring Break


Photobucket Over Spring Break Juan Faunce and the two planker took the liberty of traveling to Georgetown, MT to rip up Ski Discovery. The cat is out of the bag folks, this place was sick.

When I rolled past this house on the way, in Ananconda Montana, it changed my whole opinion of this rusty town. Forget the copper smelter, forget the black soot covering the hills north of town, this place has a Denver Broncos house! What you don't see is the guy's (or gal's --- no pun intended Jess and Mimi) garage that is a more throwback Broncos look. Now that is recession proof real estate
Bronco Pad Anaconda, MT


As We rolled up to Ski Discovery we enjoyed the beauty of Georgetown Lake; half the price of Bozeman but around the corner from Butte.
Photobucket
We knew this place was chill, but $24, damn.Photobucket

A Nice steep mountain with cliffs and shots everwhere, tight at times.Discovery's back side
You may be wondering where Caroline and Mamma were...with Grandpa Jones.
grandpa jones
baby baby baby

Back at Discovery, we skied a little of everything...
Photobucket
Juan poking a little pow
Photobucket
Photobucket
He may look cool here, but this insensitive chap really put the brakes on a few halloween parties in fall of 2006 with this getup.juan_irwin
I was just messing around,as usual...
Photobucket
taking in the scenery.
Photobucket
looking for a take-off.Photobucket


All In all, the trip was fun. I will leave you with some parting thoughts.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

1 comment:

Kimmelin said...

Love the Spring Break pics...and of course, I love the ones of the girls too!

However, I think I'm getting old, even at 35...your comments on each photo made me realize how NOT down with typical slang I am these days! At what point did "sick" become a positive descriptor? :)

Kimmelin
kimmelin.hull@blogspot.com

Blog Archive: Look Back To See How Caroline Has Grown. Click The Links!!

Caroline's First Year (2008)

  • Grandpa Bear takes job as manned space mission project manager
  • Caroline's Ya Ya moved to Dallas
  • Caroline saw Barack Obama speak in Bozeman
  • Your First Flight Was From Billings to Denver May 23rd
  • Mom and Dad Watched: Reno 911, 30 Rock, The Office, Heroes
  • Dad skied 35 days
  • A Very Snowy Winter, Bridger Got 520" During Operation